I am getting bored with only two smoothie recipes so far.
I LOVE the taste of them, but I need a new flavor.
Time to start digging in my freezer.
I found some old frozen cherries. They have probably been in there about two years. My mom stored them in her freezer for me while were in NY. But, she has no use for cherries, so they stayed at the bottom of her freezer and was never touched again.
UNTIL TODAY.
I LOVE cherries - especially black cherries I picked off of the tree myself.
So many fun memories.
I went back to that day in my mind as I drank my smoothie this morning.
So FUN!!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from that day...
Notice the monkey in the picture...
Yes, that is Hannah - way up high.
And... back on the ground. The trees were LOADED with cherries. The limbs hung low to the ground.
By far.. my most favorite picture of the day.
She LOVED eating those cherries and hardly got any in her bucket!
The results of three people picking, one eating and one taking pictures.
(Thanks Mom.)
Here is the new recipe:
This recipe is basically the same, with a few alterations.
1 cup of red grapes
1 whole orange - medium sized
(peeled, but leave as much white as you can)
1 whole lemon (peeled)
1 nickle size piece of lemon peel
1 whole lime (peeled)
1 whole banana (peeled... duh)
1/2 of a slice of pineapple
1/4 cup of raisins
1/4 granny smith apple
1 cup of frozen cherries
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
10 raw almonds (not roasted and salted)
2 cups of spinach
2 cups of ice
The results... another yummy 'red' green smoothie!








YUM! looks like you guys had fun with those cherries! :)
ReplyDeleteso, i was bold the other day and decided to put some spinach in a smoothie. Aha! didnt even taste it, but so great to know it was loaded with good stuff. YAY! thanks for the great ideas, Tracy!
ReplyDeleteThat just makes me smile! I am glad you liked it!! What kind of fruit did you use?
ReplyDeleteI make them quite often for Carson and myself! We put Blueberries, apples, strawberries, broccoli, kale, karrots, celery!!! If we have other fruits and veggies we add those in too! They are so yummy and a GREAT way to get the fruits and veggies in!!!
ReplyDelete