Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why I LOVE cooking (and freezing)

One of my MOST favorite breakfast meals is stuffed french toast from IHOP. 


This morning we had stuffed french croissants with apple butter and a side of bacon
and I didn't even have to change out of my PJs!!!

Another one of my favorite things to do is make meals ahead of time and freeze them. 

The entire meal took me around 15 minutes to prepare. 

(The girls had regular french toast - not stuffed - It's a shame... one day they will learn.)

Two weeks ago, I made two loaves of bread.  I freeze them in half loafs.  I moved one out of the freezer yesterday to thaw to make french toast with this morning. 

A month ago, I had a couple MONSTER croissants left over.  I stuffed them with butter and cream cheese.  I stuffed them inside of a ziploc freezer bag and stuffed them in the freezer.  Yesterday I moved them down into the fridge to thaw out some.  This morning I cooked them. 
VERY. VERY. YUMMY.

I also had homemade apple butter in my freezer.  I moved that into the fridge too. 

Then, Hannah said, "Mom, do you have any bacon to go with this?"  Guess what?  I had some bacon that I had already cooked and put into a ziploc freezer bag, in the freezer.  I had not laid that one out to thaw.  I laid out the bacon on my small stone and put it in the toaster oven to thaw and warm for about 5 minutes.  DONE. 

A quick and yummy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment