
Here is a picture of all the things I use to make oatmeal in the mornings (except for the bananas). I took this picture so that you could get an idea of how big my Crock Pot is. It is a 1.5 qt. size. You can find one at Target or online at Amazon. It works great.
I read this tip the other day. If you have a large Crock Pot, you can make this recipe (or any recipe for a small Crock Pot) and put it into a small oven safe bowl and sit it inside of your big crock pot and it will work.
Here is the recipe for all of you. This is one serving.
At night I put these things into my Crock Pot:
1 shake of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of dried cranberries
1/4 c. of Steel Cut Oats (not pre-soaked)
1 c. of water
I put the lid on and leave it until morning.
It takes about two hours to cook - so plug it up two hours before you plan on eating breakfast (or lunch or supper - just in case you happen to get addicted to it.)
I stir it. I have forgotten to stir it and it didn't make a difference.
After I dip out the oatmeal, I add these things to my bowl:
1 teaspoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of walnuts
1/2 of a banana sliced up (Then I eat the rest. Or if Michael is eating oatmeal, we share.)
I only really measure the oats and water. The rest of the ingredients are approximate measurements.
Enjoy.
I read this tip the other day. If you have a large Crock Pot, you can make this recipe (or any recipe for a small Crock Pot) and put it into a small oven safe bowl and sit it inside of your big crock pot and it will work.
Here is the recipe for all of you. This is one serving.
At night I put these things into my Crock Pot:
1 shake of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of dried cranberries
1/4 c. of Steel Cut Oats (not pre-soaked)
1 c. of water
I put the lid on and leave it until morning.
It takes about two hours to cook - so plug it up two hours before you plan on eating breakfast (or lunch or supper - just in case you happen to get addicted to it.)
I stir it. I have forgotten to stir it and it didn't make a difference.
After I dip out the oatmeal, I add these things to my bowl:
1 teaspoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of walnuts
1/2 of a banana sliced up (Then I eat the rest. Or if Michael is eating oatmeal, we share.)
I only really measure the oats and water. The rest of the ingredients are approximate measurements.
Enjoy.
I just use the store brand of Quick Oaks and add brown sugar splenda. My stomach does not like honey. I love it, but every time I eat it my stomach complains. Well we all have our ways. Mine cooks in one minute.
ReplyDeleteI'm still using the old crock pot that either you or Stephanie left up here, it was here when I moved in, so now it is mine and works great for BBQ tenderloin. I put mama's sauce on it. Has she ever given you the recipe for her BBQ sauce. Let me know if you want it. It have already sent it to Gene and Sharon N. They don't have Lexington BBQ out there. Bet you don't have it up there either. Oh did I tell you that mama and daddy are going to start buying the meat for their sausage. Finally they are slowing down some.
ReplyDeleteI still have quick oats in a jar. Cari likes them with brown sugar and milk.
ReplyDeleteI would love the BBQ sauce recipe. I am sure my mom probably has it. But, she probably doesn't know where it is... haha.
Praise the Lord that your mom and dad are finally slowing down. I am glad they are still going to make sausage though. I am missing it up here. I don't even buy sausage because I know it isn't going to taste good.