Sunday, October 25, 2009

Women's Conference


This weekend was amazing. Not only did I attend the Word of Life Women’s Conference, I attended it with my sister-in-law and my cousin! What a blessing!

They arrived at my house on Thursday evening. The girls were glued to the front door scoping out every single car that passed our cabin. We all were very happy to see them.

We spent Friday just visiting and spending precious time together before we attended the conference that evening. When you are away from your family (for the first time) for an extended period of time, it is so nice to be able to just sit and chit-chat and hang out together.

The Lord is so good. He knows exactly what I need, when I need it. The Women’s Conference was titled ‘A New Chapter’. That is exactly what I am living! The scripture we focused on was Isaiah 43:19 - “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.”

The music from Allison Durham Speer was brilliant. She is by far the most funny and talented person I have ever seen. She was a riot. The Lord has blessed her with a wonderful ministry. Her voice is mind blowing.

The speaker was Carol Kent. What a testimony. She shared with us her ‘New Chapter’. She was teaching on spiritual authenticity, turning your fear into faith, and becoming a woman of influence. I wrote as fast as I could write taking notes. She was phenomenal. I would like to share with you a few things I wrote down.

On Spiritual Authenticity:

A question for us all – Do I defend God’s absolute truth, or have I given in to the popular trend toward relative truth?

The funny, but true – Don’t worry about today, it already tomorrow in Australia.

On Turning Your Fear Into Faith:

Fear is the opposite of faith.
Memorize this: Psalm 56:3 – When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.

A question for us all – What do you believe about who God is?

Have you heard Him say to you, “Come do the impossible by trusting Me.”?

On Becoming a Woman of Influence:

Godly influence is powerful. The #1 principle is to spend time alone with God.
Then ask God, “Who do you want me to influence?” Cast a vision on that person and tell that person something he or she is good at.

Ask questions. What makes you weep and pound the table? How can I pray for you?

So, I am asking all of you, what makes you weep and pound the table? How can I pray for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment