Friday, February 26, 2010

Bread Dipping Spice

Have you ever eaten at Carrabbas?  If you have, you know how yummy their bread is and how much yummier it is with their olive oil and dipping spices.

I made the French bread and it is very yummy -
BUT MUCH YUMMIER WITH OLIVE OIL AND DIPPING SPICES!!! 

Don't worry - I sliced up more bread to polish off this plate of oil and spices.

I figured out the spices they use and I made some of my own.

This is SUPER easy to make and it makes plenty to refrigerate and use later.

1 Tablespoon of basil
1 Tablespoon of parsley
1 Tablespoon of garlic
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1/8 teaspoon of lemon juice

Put is all in a bowl and stir and mash it around with a spoon. 
It will look a little crumbly. 
Mix 1 teaspoon of spice mix with your plate of olive oil. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment