Maybe I am off a few holidays, but I couldn't help but post this. The girls and I have been reading 'Stories of the Pilgrims' every night. Tonight we read about the 'First Thanksgiving'. Our story read, "the pilgrims fired their muskets into the air." At the end of the story, I asked the girls how our Thanksgivings were similar and how our Thanksgivings were different. Cari said, "Well, we shoot. But, we shoot little disc and they didn't shoot nothin'."
For those who don't know, every Thanksgiving, my extended family gathers at my uncles home to feast on BBQ. We have lots of pies and such (just like the pilgrims). The guys always come a little early with their guns and shoot skeet.
Stop laughing Dad. My left handed shooting has always cracked him up. I only shot this gun twice. I hit the skeet the first time even though I closed my eyes because I knew it was going to hurt.
I love you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment