Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's the little things...

This winter, I have missed the sun oh so much.  The caring folks here at Word Of Life nailed up plastic on our windows to try to keep the cold air out and the warm heat in.  They were nice and thoughtful enough to leave the plastic off of the front two windows.  However, the sun only shines in two of my windows.  One is my bathroom window on the back of the cabin and that is around 9:30 am.  The other window is on the side of the cabin in my dining room.  Around 11:30, when the sun is out (we have had plenty of cloudy days), it shines in that window for about an hour.  This winter, I would sit at my indoor picnic table and stare at the plastic covering up my beautiful sun.  I could see some lightness on the plastic, so I knew the sun was out.  So, I would continue to sit and stare at what little bit of light I could see.  It was still too cold to face the outdoors (for me).  When we returned from spring break, Michael removed the plastic from that window.  Oh, how I love that man.  You could not wipe the grin off of my face when that sun came pouring into my dining room that day.  And, still today, when the sun is shining bright outside, I smile because I remember the plastic.

This is the plastic, it is white, not clear.

My beautiful sunshine.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment