Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Firsts

There is always a first for everything.  Some of you who read my blog may have experienced this before.  I have not.

I washed an entire load of laundry by hand.

We are moving at the end of this week.  We must move everything out of this cabin and either in our trailer or up to the Inn. 

There's no washer and dryer hook up at the Inn.  boo hoo.

The washer and dryer belong at the tongue of the trailer and had to be loaded first.  So, yesterday evening, Michael moved them out. 

I almost cried. 

Today, I realized that I had already piled up an entire load of 'whites'.  I have a drying rack that I use to hang our towels on.  I decided that I could wash those 'whites' and rinse them in the tub and then hang them on the rack. 

Needless to say, my girls heard the water splashing and hurried in the bathroom.  They were SUPER excited.  Their excitement is contagious. 

I washed and rinsed.  Hannah wrung out the pieces.  Cari hung them up to dry.  I was a complete assembly line.  It was perfect. 

I almost cried.

I thought about how spoiled I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment