Every day, Michael has a short break and has time to eat a small snack. He was taking a granola bar to eat during those breaks.
I made him something to replace them!
I know they are not exactly like those granola bars you buy at the store because they are not sticky, ooey and gooey.
Do you know why?
Because they are not stuck together with High Fructose Corn Syrup and other unknown ingredients.
Oatmeal Crazin Bars
2 sticks of butter (melted)
1 cup of brown sugar
½ cup of white sugar
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of crazins
½ cup of walnuts (chopped)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Mix all together.
Press into a 9x13 baking dish
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
These bars freeze perfectly.
(I used Whole Wheat Flour the second time I made them and they turned out just the same.)

These sound really good. I'll have to try them.
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to get in touch with you.
E-mail me thanks. Lu Ann
Ohhhhhh Yay! Another recipe to try! I made the Banana Nut Bread and it turned out AWESOME!!!! I have been requested to make more!
ReplyDeleteThank you Tracy for sharing!
Amy Barker
I am trying to cut down on sugar and breads and the like for a while, but I will try to make this when I can. I miss you girl! I have so much going on in my head that I need your kindred spirit to chat with. ;0) Call me sometime 518-796-4984. Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete