So, here it goes - officially one week has passed. We have met LOADS of new people. All of them are sweet as sugar. They are all very helpful and very informative. One lady, I am especially fond of. I could tell right off the bat she was the kind of woman I want to get to know better. She is very helpful to me as a wife and mom
This weekend, a huge church group had a camping weekend at the WOL Campground. We met a couple while out walking with the girls. (There are TONS of trails.) They invited us to their pot luck supper last night and a time of campfire singing. That was a lot of fun. We were very blessed to get to know them and another lady from their church who sat with us at supper. And the singing was beautiful.
We visited our first church today. We were very blessed to go there. I can feel all of your prayers for us. I know many of you have been praying that we would find a good church to attend. I know it is the only one we visited, but I believe that this is the church the Lord has led us to here in N.Y.. It feels like our church at home. A good mix of different people. And, a man and woman who attend our Sunday school class brought in squash and zuchinni to share with whoever wanted some. (Sounds a lot like my friends in my Sunday school class at home. When I see zuchinni - I think "Zuchinni Bread!!!") Tonight they are having a Labor Day picnic that we will attend and then a campfire service.
Public school starts after Labor Day here. So, these gatherings are like the last thing they do before they kick off the new school year.
We found out that several families at this church home school. Their Sunday school teacher is a home school mom and dad. That is a real blessing for me and my family. They informed me of the home school group and things they offer.
There are also gatherings once a month for the families at the church of the younger kids to get together and do things (like field trips and other fun stuff).
We are looking forward to all of these new and exciting adventures.
We love you and miss you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment