Every day I am amazed and thankful for things that my Lord has done for me. It might seem small to some. To me, when I see the hand of God working in my life, it is a big deal. Please let me share one small detail that He has not left out.
For a few years now, when it starts to get cold outside, my hands start getting very dry and my knuckles get little cracks and they sometimes bleed. I do not like sticky lotion. But, I slather the lotion on my hands and they still are very dry and cracked. They remain this way for nearly the entire cold weather season.
To add to this, I do dishes at least three times a day and sometimes more (depends on what I am cooking). You have seen pictures of my kitchen. You know there is not very much counter space. So, I do not let the dishes pile up. There is no place to pile them. There is no automatic dishwasher, I am the dishwasher. The water up here is heated with a gas water heater. The water is H.O.T.! It will burn your skin off in a second if you dare to test the hot water. I always use a little cold. I only need a little cold because the cold water is freezing!
So, my hands are in the super hot water washing dishes around three times a day and it is cold outside. Can you guess? My hands are not even at the beginning stages of being dry. They are nowhere near cracking. And how about this, I don’t even put lotion on them.
That is the kind of God I serve. He cares about my hands. HE EVEN CARES ABOUT MY HANDS! …my hands
Psa 8:4 What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment