Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Dishes
Do you know how much fun it is to teach two little girls how to do dishes? Under their mother's watchful eye, they got to do the dishes. You may think, that's crazy, they are 8 and almost 7 years old, they should already be doing the dishes. But, you do not know how hot my water is when it come out of the tap. I measured it at 125 degrees F. And, we do not have an automatic dishwasher. They have to be extra careful. Since we use mainly glass, that presents another issue. Both of my girls wanted to hold the glasses up high and wash them high above the water. So, I kept reminding them that the glasses are slippery with soap on them and if they were to slide out of their hands, it would hit the sink and bust, getting glass all in their water. So, they would gently lower the glass close to the water and very gently rub the glasses and plates with their little bitty hands. They had so much fun. While one was washing, the other was drying and putting away. After about an hour, all my supper dishes were done! I know... I know... it would probably take me about 15 minutes to do the supper dishes. And, I could use water that was a lot hotter and maybe get those dishes extra germ free. But, what fun would that be? My girls are growing up and I love teaching them how to care for our home. Here are some pics from the evening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment