Michael and I both laugh every time we head to Glens Falls. There is a road sign for "Friendly's" resturant. From a distance, it looks exactly like the road sign for "Chick-Fil-A". We both always look at it and for a split second think - "THERE'S A CHICK-FIL-A!!!" But, of course, 65 miles per hour, you get to the sign pretty quick and your eyes focus a little closer on the sign and you see it is NOT Chick-Fil-A.
I gladly give you "Fried Chicken Nuggets". Hannah says they are better than Chick-Fil-A!!! That is a HUGE compliment - especially from my "Quality Control Food Inspector" (a.k.a. Hannah).
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. The numbers were missing when we arrived. I use an oven themometer. These marks are for 350. I put the first mark on there a little too soon. My oven takes about 30 minutes to preheat.
Pour some olive oil into a frying pan. Preheat the oil in the frying pan on medium heat. I normally start this first. By the time I cut up the chicken and coat it it is heated up enough.
Next, cut up your chicken into cubes. I use whole chicken breasts, cut into 4 strips and then cut into about 1 inch pieces.
Next, combine Plain Bread crumbs, salt and pepper (suited to your taste). When I finish up these breadcrumbs, I am going to make my own.

I normally use about 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. I put them all in a bowl with a snap on lid. Then, I put some of the chicken chunks in and shake them all around to coat them.
These are the coated nuggets.
Place your coated nuggets in the hot oil. Fry on one side for about 4-5 minutes or until it is nice and browned.
Flip and fry on the other side 4-5 minutes.
Remove from pan and place onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for apx. 20 minutes.
When they are finised in the oven, remove from pan and place on some towels to soak up some of the oil.
Enjoy.










No comments:
Post a Comment