Thursday, May 6, 2010

Winston

Meet Winston...

We took a little trip yesterday.  Dara is one of our neighbors here in the campground.  Her and her husband, Drew are expecting a baby boy in a couple of months.  Dara has a horse named Winston.  He stays at a barn nearby.  Dara called to see if we wanted to go see him.  I kept it a secret from the girls until close to time to go.  I wish I could have got a picture of their faces when I told them.  They were VERY excited! 
We had so much fun. 

Dara is a natural teacher.  She was explaining everything to the girls (me included).  She was teaching us about caring for the horse; what the different brushes were called, what they were used for and why. 

She showed us how to 'lunge' a horse.
She taught us how to ride and 'steer' the horse where we want him to go.
I really appreciated her patience and time.  You can tell she loved teaching us as much as we loved learning. 

And Cari bought herself a toy horse with some of her birthday money and she named him 'Salem'. 
We are looking forward to many more visits with Winston. Hannah already asked this morning if we could go back again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment